Girls HS Winter League
2017-18 Dates & Info:
Early Bird: October 18th - November 3rd ($90)
Regular: November 4th - November 21st ($100)
Late: November 22nd - December 3rd ($115)
*links not active till 10/25*
Regular Season: December 9th - January 27th from 2pm - 6pm
*Weeks 1 & 2 from 3pm - 7pm*
Semifinals: February 3rd
Championships: February 10th
ALL GAMES PLAYED SATURDAYS ONLY AT UNIVERSITY OF UTAH SPENCE ECCLES FIELD HOUSE
*No games December 23rd & 30th*
Register NOW for Girls HS Winter League by CLICKING HERE
The girl’s Winter league is for high school girls to help ensure a fun and competitive atmosphere for all players. There are playoffs and a championship, and although the league is considered "semi-competitive" Winter League, at its core, is concentrated on having fun and the love of the game! All players will have the same opportunity to play and enjoy the best part about lacrosse, the games, with friends, high school teammates and club teammates without the responsibility of practices.
Girls High School Winter League Rules Overview:
- Games are two 20 minute halves with a 5 minute halftime.
- Teams may take one one-minute timeout per game. However, team time-outs do not stop game time.
- Official time-outs (e.g. injury) do stop the game clock.
- In case of a tie, the game’s outcome will be determined by a braveheart. This entails one middie, and one goalie per team until a goal is scored. On the draw, the goalie must remain in her defensive area. Once possession is gained, the goalie is not restricted to her half of the field.
- No baiting, taunting or profanity
- Fans are to watch from the far sideline.
- Only coaching personnel and players are allowed on the team side.
- Any player involved in a fight will be banned from Winter League with no refund and may receive a harsher penalty if the commissioner feels it is necessary.
- No player may play for a different team except goalies. Teams must agree before the start of the game to allow a substitute goalie.
- Less than 8 players on one team. Teams may play with 7 field players (2 attack, 3 midfield, 2 defenders) and a goalie and not forfeit.
- If a team plays with a player not registered to play for their team.
- If a team does not provide a goalie and the opposing team does not agree to let them use a hector.
- Forfeits end in a 0-1 loss.
- In the event team records are tied for playoff seeding, the tiebreaker will go to goals scored against.